""

Thursday, 11 August 2011

sew-sew-sewing

I've been putting my sewing machine to good use this summer holidays - I had so many things planned in my head that I just didn't have time to do during term time, so I'm making the most of quiet times! I've also sewn a lot, but I've never made many things I can wear (apart from a 50s circle-skirted dress during my Textiles course at school!) so that was my main thought for the summer.


First project on the agenda was a pressie for a very good friend who's heading to Thailand to teach in a few days time. I wanted to make her a handmade pressie that could (hopefully!) be useful while she's over there. So I made her Amy Butler's 'Sun Surf Halter'. It was a really easy pattern to follow and I was very pleased with the end result (and it fitted, phew!!!)



I also discovered a free pattern online the other day - it's called Sorbetto from Collete Patterns. Another dead easy one (I'm easing myself in gently to sewing clothes!!) I used Daisy Bouquet by Amy Butler. Love it!




It's unhemmed and has no bias binding around the edge as yet (bias binder maker has just arrived from ebay so that's this afternoon's job!) but I'm pleased! It's rather on the short side too (forgot I am longer-bodied than Average Joe!) but I likes!



I'm now eyeing up more fabric online - I think I need to go and have a rummage in the charity shops in town to find some cheaper fabric though!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen,

    I know that Holly loved her hand-made top. Thank you for making it for her.

    Tony
    (Holly's Dad)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x