""

Friday, 7 September 2012

I've been a bit busy...

Somehow, I've managed to neglect this place for a year. A whole year! Whoops.

I have had good reason though...




Baby I was born in the middle of May and we're absolutely besotted. She's not that little tiny thing any more though!



She's a smiling, kicking, rolling, dribbling (oh the dribble! How can one little person make so much?!) girl! Nearly 1/3 of a year old. I always thought it was just one of those things that people said - "Oh they grow so fast" - but it's so true. Doesn't seem 5 minutes since she was a tiny little scrunched up newborn.


Suffice to say, much of last year's September plans list didn't happen:



  • Make a new batch of red onion marmalade, as we are (eek!) nearly at the end of our last jar! Morning sickness and hot vinegar are not a good combination.
  • Find some new batch cooking recipes to try out. (We are big fans of batch cooking during term time as it requires no brain power at the end of a long day!) Suggestions welcome! Batch cooking did happen - once I was on maternity leave!
  • Visit Upton House and Gardens (it's been on my day out wish list for a while!) I want to go and coo over the kitchen garden! Nope, still haven't been there!
  • Speaking of gardens, I need to plant Swiss Chard, Spinach and more salad leaves.  No gardening happened because we bought our first house this year (nothing like keeping yourself busy eh?!) but I have big plans...for 2013 maybe!
  • Go searching for sloes and bung them all in the freezer 'til I can make gin!  Pregnancy and gin are not the greatest bedfellows. Maybe this year!
  • Hunt down this book in my local library and read it - I find I forget to read during term time - I get to bed and it's Zzzzzz before I even pick up my book!  Well I can't say anything has changed with regards to the going to bed and falling asleep before picking up my book - but I have been ploughing my way through a mountain of virtual books during the numerous night feeds thanks to the kindle app on my phone. I'll have to add Year of the Flood to that list!
So, my September resolution is to try and keep this a little more up to date (that won't be hard, the rate I was blogging before. Ha!) so I may as well start as I mean to go on!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah what a cutie! Belated congratulations, and thanks for stopping by to comment on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x