""

Monday, 10 September 2012

Jam

After having discovered a recipe for plum and orange jam in an old Delicious magazine, I hunted down some in-season super cheap plums and set to work. I'm not the world's most experienced jam maker - I've only made marmalade a few times and a vat of raspberry jam, so I wasn't sure how this would turn out or how easy it would be. Turns out the hardest thing was trying to make it in between baby naps! (Quelle surprise...should've made it on a day when I wasn't home alone!)

The recipe doesn't seem to be on the Delicious website, but it's dead easy - quartered slices of orange are cooked down in orange and lime juice until soft. You then add a pile of stoned, roughly chopped plums and cook until mushy. Pour in the sugar, bring to the boil and simmer until it reaches setting point. The recipe recommended using a proper jam thermometer, but I settled for the much simpler dollop-of-jam-on-a-plate-in-the-fridge-does-it-go-wrinkly? approach! And I've got to say, it tastes pretty darn good! (The recipe also called for ground cardamom seeds but I'm not a fan so decided to forgo those).





1 comment:

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x