""

Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Maypoles and Teatowels: Mellor Ware

Image from here

Image from here

These charmingly quirky illustrations adorning tea-sets, tea towels, trinket boxes and more are by Lianne Mellor, aka Mellor Ware. There seems to be an inherent British-ness to Lianne's work - it's reminiscent of the stories of Fantastic Mr Fox, The Wind in the Willows and one of my childhood favourites, Little Grey Rabbit by Alison Uttley. 

I came across Mellor Ware this morning after reading a tweet from Liberty about 'Best of British' designers. That's what I like about Twitter - being introduced to such a diverse wealth of crafts/people/books/fashion in such an immediate way.

Mellor Ware's website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x