""

Saturday, 22 September 2012

Thrifty finds

I've always been partial to a good rummage in a charity shop. Rifling through old postcards, finding old, much loved copies of favourite books and spotting the clothing gems. All fantastic ways to spend an afternoon.

Now that I'm on maternity leave, and have the excuse of shopping for a baby that seems to grow overnight, I'm frequenting my local charity shops much more regularly. I get to shop for bargains and stop for tea and cake sometimes and Baby I gets cooed over by all the old lady volunteers. Win-win surely?! 

This week I had one of those moments in a charity shop where you spot something and have to grab it asfastasyoucanjustincasesomeoneelseseesit. Three vintage puzzles just waiting to be bought. Yes, yes, I know that Baby I has only just developed the coordination to pick up a toy and put it in her mouth without bashing herself on the head (mostly...) but she'll grow into them. I couldn't just leave them there! 




I love them, especially the little faces of the bus passengers! 

I also picked up a sweet cotton top - a tad large for Baby I at the moment but she'll grow into it! I thought it was older than it was when I saw the embroidery but it's actually quite new.




Off to an NCT Nearly New Sale tomorrow so I'll be doing some more rummaging for bargains. Elbows at the ready!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds! I'm really geting into bargain hunting in the way of charity shops and car boot sales too (I have a 3 year old son). It's actually kind of addictive isn't it??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by my blog :-) i absolutely love vintage puzzles. i have my favourite vintage galt that my children are not allowed to touch!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x