""

Thursday, 4 October 2012

October

October 2011
Ahh, September. As much as I'm sad that summer is over, I'm looking forward to Autumn and the colours it brings. The thought of being able to wear my duffel coat with a big scarf/wrapping up le bebe in a snuggly snowsuit (preferably with ears!)/walking through crunchy leaves in the park/making dragon breath when it's frosty are all making me worryingly happy too.

September has been a month of firsts: Baby I's first two teeth (oh the joys of teething...), her first roll from front to back, the first time I'd driven a long trip on the motorway solo with her in the car (she was a wonderbaby and slept the entire way!) and the first of our baby yoga sessions. Ommmmm...

September's list looked a little like this...
  • Sort out my 600+ photos from holiday. Done!
  • Finish my labour blanket Done!
  • Make a dress for baby girl - I didn't manage this, but actually, common sense prevailed - weather is getting cooler, baby needs warmer clothes than little cotton dresses!
  • Make red onion marmalade Done! Need to make a few more batches if I'm going to give some away as Christmas presents though!
  • Dribble bibs Done! Again, need to make a few more - teeth make for one very dribbly baby.
  • Visit Ludlow for the Food Festival. Done!
Not bad!

So, October:
  • Make a texture book full of different fabrics for Baby I as she is loving scratching at everything (mama included...) with her teeny nails
  • Take Baby I swimming regularly
  • Go shopping in Bristol and explore the little shops in Clifton
  • Buy a highchair in readiness for the messy delights of baby led weaning. Off to IKEA we go!
  • Finish reading this book
  • Start collecting objects for a baby treasure basket 
  • Rifle through my mum's recipe collection in order to make these

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x