""

Monday, 31 December 2012

A few of my favourite moments: 2012

Looking back over photos has always been a favourite past-time of mine. As a child, I loved sitting and flicking through the old albums that are still all lined up in chronological order in the living room.

Nowadays, I find myself doing the same thing, virtually, through the medium of Facebook and the photo archives on my laptop. I love the way photos can take you straight back to a particular moment in time. So here are a few of my favourite moments from the past year...























January: A spot of marmalade making in our new house.
February: The garden began to reveal its secrets as it came back to life after the winter. Beautiful snowdrops and hellebore raised their heads.
March: I went on maternity leave and got started on baby preparation. Seeing these teeny baby things drying in the spring sunshine made me oh so happy!
April: It wasn't just me getting somewhere ready for a baby - this nest-building wren flew back and forth.
May: We finally met our baby! The rest of the month was spent in a smiley, sleepy haze as we got to know our teeny girl.
June: We introduced her to her huge extended family. Here she is finding Grandad's arms very comfy.
July: (Yes, another baby photo...I didn't do much for the first few months that didn't feature that little face!) First smiles!
August: A busy month - a trip to watch athletics at the Olympic Stadium, Cornish holidaying, a blueberry and sour cream cake, and a trip to the local flower show.
September: A month of sunshine and intense blue skies. I loved the colour contrast of the snail shell against the lavender purple.
October: A month of orange - autumn light, the beginning of Christmas cooking and a trip to Bristol.
November: We made the most of dry weekends by getting out and about.
December: Our first Christmas as a family of 3.

This year has been one of huge, amazing changes. 2012 has been very special, but I'm so excited for what 2013 holds - I'm going to have a crawling, walking, talking baby on my hands by this time next year!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog - I just found you via Jen at Little Birdie. Happy 2013 from your newest follower, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Thank you! I just now came across your blog and this look-back gave me the perfect catch-up I needed to have in order to move forward. I'm following you along on Bloglovin now, and I am really excited for more.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I have done a similar post, and it was a real pleasure to look back over the year. I am just about to embark on this year's marmalade... Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x