""

Saturday, 1 December 2012

December



November seems to have been a month of gluttony. We've had trips to Birmingham and Cheltenham on specific food-related missions, the temptations of all the Christmas foods starting to be in the shops (Aldi lebkuchen? Yes please!) and the cold, dark nights leading me to the biscuit tin more regularly than is perhaps healthy. There's no hiding from it, December is going to be equally, if not more, gluttonous... Wahey! (I tell myself it's okay, as I walk so many miles with the pram each week, I must burn off all those biscuits!)

Here's November's list:
  • FINALLY get round to sewing that texture book!  It's started! Not completely finished, but I'm hoping that over the next few evenings I can get it all sewn up. 
  • Try out some new soup recipes from my River Cottage Veg book. I'm hoping to stock up the freezer with some easy, hot lunches. Done! I made a curried sweet potato soup from the RC Veg book and it has served me well on chilly lunchtimes. I've just bought the ingredients to make the spinach and puy lentil soup so that should keep me going for a few more weeks.
  • Visit Jamie's Italian in Birmingham. Done, albeit disappointingly. I think I was expecting it to be more spectacular - it felt like an over-priced Zizzi's really. And the highchairs were rubbish. I did like the huge, copper lights and the yellow chairs though
  • Take a trip to the newly opened Whole Foods market in Cheltenham. Done! You can read about it here.
  • Get going with weaning, as baby is 6 months in just over a week. Where has that time gone? Started! Our first exploits into the world of baby led weaning are here.
  • Make some dough tree decorations - some to keep, and some to give as presents. I'm liking the look of this recipe. Done, rather unsuccessfully! My singed decorations are here.
  • Design some Christmas cards to make/sew/paint - I'm thinking this will require some serious 'pinning' as research... Done! Well, I know the design, I have the ribbon and thread - hopefully by tomorrow I'll have something to show for it!

Here what I'm attempting in December:
  • Put together the hampers I'm making for family and friends.
  • Make a hooded towel for Isla. The freebie Persil/Swim nappy ones are just too tiny and thin.
  • Sew a drawstring bag and collect pieces of different fabrics for part of Isla's Christmas present.
  • Get quotes for having work done to turn our bare-plaster-walled-dumping-ground into a proper dining room.
  • Make a wreath for our front door using fruit and leaves from our garden.
  • Decorate our wrapping paper.
  • Make our nephew's presents - a Harry Potter secret safe book, and a dinosaur tail costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x