""

Monday, 7 January 2013

And so that was Christmas...


We put Christmas back into boxes yesterday. We put our tree up quite late this year so I wanted to wait until Twelth Night to take it down so that we'd have time to enjoy it (and get our money's worth!). The baubles are back in their boxes, the crocheted Nativity scene have been rudely bundled into a bag, and the tree has been chopped up. I always feel strangely sad when putting away all the decorations and taking the tree down. The room seems very bare now.

There's a happiness to boxing everything up too though: an anticipation for the excitement you know there'll be when you start decorating the tree next year, and rediscovering forgotten Christmas treasures.

I think I need to buy some Spring bulbs to pop on the mantelpiece to brighten it up a bit...


4 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, I always think I should feel sad but am always sure its time to move on and plan for the New Year, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, the beginning of the new year is always an exciting time too - a clean slate/blank page (insert other new year cliche here!)x

      Delete
  2. It's always a bit sad when Christmas ends but I went for a walk the other day and saw some little bulb shoots coming up - that perked me up me a bit in anticipation for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm looking forward to seeing bulbs poking through the soil - my garden looks v dull at the moment!x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x