""

Thursday, 24 January 2013

Craft: Texture Book

Baby has been loving scratching the sofa cushions, stroking labels and grabbing woolly scarves. So as part of her Christmas present, I decided to make her a texture book of different fabrics.

I got off to a good start - rummaging through the many packing boxes still stored in our loft to find a variety of fabrics, washing them all and cutting out the pieces. And there I stalled. My days were filled with jiggling a teething baby, my evenings and weekends became full of chutney and Christmas preparation, and sewing up the book became one of those jobs that I would 'do later'.

Finally, on Christmas Eve Eve, with all other presents made, I sat down at the sewing machine to get it finished. And without sounding my own trumpet too much, I'm pretty pleased with the end result. Baby seems to be a fan too!






I'm considering making a few of these baby texture books to list on Etsy...so watch this space!

(And after it took me ages to get the texture book sewn, it's then taken me another month to manage to coordinate words and pictures on the blog about it! Argh!)

7 comments:

  1. That is lovely! I would never have thought of making one of these, you must be dead chuffed!

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely ... I'm sure your little one will have many hours of fun with it ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Texture books are super good for this age. This is really great.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so well made H, really impressed! Definitely put on Etsy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gift! Excellent idea x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all - it was a win:win really, I enjoyed making it and she enjoys playing with it!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully made!

    It's so frustrating as a creative person to have everything take 10 times longer once you've had a child isn't it?! I have a 6 and almost 4 year old and it's just starting to get easier.

    Really enjoying your blog : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x