""

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Liebster


Google tells me that liebster means beloved. Ahhh! Image from here



The lovely Karen at A Quiet Corner made my day by choosing my blog as one of the 11 she loves to read. Thank you!

"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."

11 random facts about me:
* My favourite thing to listen to on the radio is I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. It's guaranteed to have me in stitches. It's not the same since Humphrey Lyttleton died, but Jack Dee is a good replacement as chairman.
* I have a worryingly large collection of nail varnish. Current favourite is Prussian Blue.
* When I was little, I used to tell my friends I had an imaginary, much older, sister who lived in France. I still don't know why!
* I would love to visit New Zealand.
* Starting a new notebook/diary is one of my favourite things to do.
* I don't get the trend for all the scripted-but-real-life tv shows...they just seem so dull! 
* I would love to have chickens pecking away at the bottom of my garden.
* Charity shop rummaging is one of my favourite things to do. It's less easy with a big pram now though.
* Although I'm now based in the Midlands, I'm a Somerset girl at heart. I have a habit of cheering every time I drive past the 'Welcome to Somerset' sign on the M5. 
* Before I went off on maternity leave, I worked as a primary school teacher. Watching a child have that lightbulb moment and 'get' something is one of the highlights of my job. 
* I have a strange love of paint charts.

Karen's questions and my answers: 
1. What is your favourite place? Probably walking on the hills in Somerset. Or in Liberty. Oh how I love that shop.
2. Tea or coffee? Tea. Preferably Twinings Lady Grey with the teabag left in and plenty of milk.
3. What is your desert island book? I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith is a long-standing favourite (hence the blog name) so I think I'd better choose that. 
4.CD or vinyl? I'm of the CD generation so I'll have to choose that - but I did use to love flicking through my dad's vinyl collection that sat in the corner of our front room. 
5. Did you have a favourite teacher? Can I choose two?! My Reception teacher (age 4-5) Mrs Gregory was so lovely and I have many fond memories of that year and my Year 3 teacher (age 7-8) Mr Bowman had a brilliant sense of humour and read us The Hobbit!

6. What was your worst haircut? Not haircut per se, but bleaching my hair age 16 wasn't a good look as it turned greeny-yellow for a while until it toned down. I couldn't wait until it grew out!
7. Who is your style icon? I don't think I have a style icon really, but Diane Kruger always wears beautiful dresses, as does Emma Watson (that Ossie Clark vintage dress she wore was just beautiful).
8. If you could go back in time what era would you visit? I was always fascinated by the Victorian era as a child, and I'd love to see what the area I live in would've looked like in the past. The house we live in was built just at the start of Queen Victoria's reign so it would be amazing to have seen all the houses being built where it was once parkland and fields. 
9. Who has influenced you most in life? My mum. As I get older, I realise more and more how amazing and hardworking she is (and I don't tell her that enough).
10. Bridge or Killing? I haven't watched either - but I'd go with the Killing as having read about it, I wish I'd got into watching it!
11. What would be your money no object holiday? New Zealand looks stunning, but seeing as it's a money-is-no-object trip, I'll go around the world, ta very much!

My questions are:

1. What job did you want to do as a child? Do you do anything similar now?
2. Favourite holiday destination?
3. You've got toast for breakfast. What would you like spread on it?
4. Do you play a musical instrument?
5. Describe your house in three words.
6. Early bird or night owl?
7. What's your go-to dinner recipe?
8. What song is guaranteed to get you dancing?
9. Do you collect anything?
10.What is your favourite cheese?
11. Who would you invite to a fantasy dinner-party?

Here are the blogs I've chosen. They are full of beautiful photos, inspiring projects and thought-provoking words.

Mossery 
Sew, Ray, Me
Little Buckles
Little Nest Box
Oyster and Pearl
Little Sleep
Cupcakery
Sarah Illustrator
Through the Round Window
On the First Day of Marriage
Nimble Fingers and Steady Eyebrows

(I think some of these blogs have been tagged with the Liebster twice now....ah well, be flattered!)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. I was most pleased to happen across your blog today, and even more pleased when I realised that you had given a blog award to Annie and I at Nimble Fingers & Steady Eyebrows! Thank you very much and I look forward to reading more of your posts :) Laura (@steadyeybrows) xx PS: I Capture the Castle is an absolute favourite of mine- love your choice of name! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been a NF&SE reader for a while and love all your knitted and sewn creations. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts at Circle of Pine Trees too - off to have a look now x

      Delete
  2. Hooray! I've been chosen! Will answer these questions ASAP, I've done the Leinster award once before but didn't really get what the concept was about, I just posted 11 things about myself without anything else or any links!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x