""

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Sartorial pruning

My wardrobe is in desperate need of an overhaul. It's a mix of old workwear that never gets worn, clothes that I can't feed the baby in without flashing to all and sundry, and a few bits that are getting worn a lot. (Case in point: realising that my jeans had worn through at the back on Boxing Day...I don't think it was due to eating too much turkey but you never know). I'm very guilty of that old adage: wearing 20% of your wardrobe 80% of the time. I regularly open up the wardrobe and wail 'I have nothing to wear!' which is ridiculous as it's jam packed.

Time for a sartorial pruning - ebay/charity shop/bin....and then buy some staples that haven't been stretched by baby bump/flash your pants to the world (jeans, I'm looking at you!).

My current wishlist looks something like this...




The Spring/Summer 2013 catwalks were full of minimalist white outfits, sheer fabrics and pencil skirts. None of which are so practical with a tomato smearing, neckline yanking baby (catwalk outfits are also by no means achievable on my budget). My next blog challenge is to try and find a wearable and affordable high street version of each trend...stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. oh I will be tuned into this. I need some new, nice, nursing friendly clothes. My current wardrobe lacks a lot of useable clothes... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so few feeding-friendly clothes around aren't there? (unless you spend loads of money, or just live in jumpers and vest tops!)x

      Delete
  2. I so know where you are coming from!! My wardrobe is full of too small, too big, too old........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wardrobe is the same...I really need to get sorting it!

      Delete
  3. I love that skater skirt. It's super cute.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x