""

Monday, 21 January 2013

S/S 2013: Stripes

Stripes. The perennial staple of many a wardrobe.

Stripy outfits seem to be back in vogue every year - whether nautical, candy striped or animal print. The spring/summer catwalks ventured further than the classic Breton stripe with collections full of chunky black and white. These are in-your-face outfits. Simple, yet striking.
While I was pregnant, I seemed to live in stripes. When tiny-of-bump I loved the fact it made it look bigger, and once my bump was massive, it seemed futile to try and stop it looking huge. Post baby however, horizontal stripes are a little more foreboding. While stripes can be lengthening and figure-shaping, they can also be completely unforgiving and unflattering (horizontally striped leggings for instance - only the teeny-tiny-ly bottomed need apply). Luckily, many of the high street's stripy offerings are illusion-tastic to deceive the eye...wahey!

Now that the dregs of the winter sales are moving out of the shops in favour of new stock, I'm starting to dream of my summer wardrobe. Here are a few of my baby-friendly, stripy favourites from the high street...

(Just don't wear them all together otherwise you'll end up looking like a barcode...!)


2 comments:

  1. Pretty much all of my wardrobe is either stripes or spots. I can't wear stripes on my legs though, I feel like Beetlejuice!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes are my favorite print.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x