""

Monday, 4 March 2013

Coveting cookbooks

My cookbook collection seems to be ever growing, with old faithfuls vying for attention alongside the latest acquisitions. My current favourites include Jamie's 15 Minute Meals (although as I've said before, the quantity of ingredients, and amount of washing up it creates, means it is never as speedy as you hope - still darn tasty though!), Hugh F-W's River Cottage Veg and although I have yet to cook from it, my copy of the Hawksmoor book.

I feel like I'm in a bit of a food rut though. Every week when I sit down to plan our week's dinners, I find myself thinking of the same meals over and over. While it's nice to have favourites meals, I need some more inspiration. So, over the weekend, I started looking through my bookmarked wishlist, rediscovering cookbooks I've had my eye on for a while. It doesn't help my wallet that so many of them look beautiful, as well as containing beautiful sounding recipes. This could get rather expensive... (Perhaps I'll just have to see if they're in my local library before I part with any pennies!)




Are there any cookbooks you think are missing from my wishlist? Which books are your favourites to cook from?

5 comments:

  1. really -- why do they have to make them all so pretty?? i don't have enough shelf space to display them all!!

    www.mamacase.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Casa Moro and Jerusalem ones are on my wishlist too. Looking forward to being back and trying out new recipes with you on some week night dinners! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookbooks and have an embarrassingly large collection ... I even read them at night in bed ... how sad is that :) ... I love the Tessa Kiros ones as well ... they are inspired ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Jamie's 30 minute meals and although it has great recipes it is frustratingly written. Just gimme the recipe straight dammit! I have the little paris kitchen but haven't tried any of the recipes yet. It is very pretty to flick through... i also have Leon's first book which has some very tasty wholesome recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tana ramsay cookbooks. The recipes are easy to follow and don't have hundreds of ingredients. Our faves are chicken and mango casserole and minced lamb curry with coconut naan bread. Nigella express gets used a lot too, mmm white choc mousse.I'm also a cook book nut, currently have over 100, oops!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x