""

Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Nature in the home

One of the things that was high up my list of wants when we were house-hunting was a big garden. I wanted somewhere our children could run around, have a sandpit, grow carrots, and spend the long, hot summers (ha!) outside. With the house we bought, we were lucky enough to inherit a well established garden full of beautiful flowers and trees that had been lovingly tended by the previous owner. Over the past year, I've loved watching the garden over the seasons, seeing plants springing up and the colours change.

One of the first colours that appears in our garden, in early March, is the bright pink of the Camellias. While it's perhaps not what I would've chosen to plant (especially as there are 4 large bushes!), their brightness is much appreciated on days when it is deciding to snow yet again... So as I went to empty the compost bin earlier (the life of glamour I lead...), I decided to snip a few of the pink blooms and bring their cheeriness inside.




Joining in with Lou's Nature in the Home series.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful ... so perfect ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a shame - the flowers on the bush seem to spoil really quickly, I had to hunt for good ones!x

      Delete
  2. love it! I have them up on my blog too! it must must must be in the air. i will forever see these sweet flowers as another universal sign of spring. And yes we have two bushes we inherited when we moved into this house. xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact we've both got camellias flowering in our gardens, even though you're across the pond! Brilliant!x

      Delete
  3. we have roughly 10 huge camellia bushes in our yard...all in bud...cant wait! found you through lou...hi!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Camellias look so pretty almost fake at this time of year. How can they be so bright and bold in such cold weather! Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camelias are such a welcome strong colour after the winter, I love them. Yours are so pretty, I planted one last year but no buds have shown yet - I guess it has been super cold up here. I hope it does flower sometime. katie x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x