""

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Penning a line...

I'm a big fan of a handwritten letter. Either sent or received, I'm not fussy. Knowing that someone has taken the time to sit down and write to you is just lovely. Spending a few quiet moments writing a card or letter to someone special, knowing it will make them smile, is equally brilliant. A few months back, I joined in with Miss Beatrix's #PostCircle which has been the perfect excuse to dig out the writing paper and stamps (click here if you want to know more).

Although I try hard to make my own cards most of the time, I sometimes slip up as I'm a sucker for beautiful stationery. I blame our local art gallery gift shop that stocks so many lovely cards that I just need to buy. Stepping into the stationery department in Liberty's last year was like heaven for me, I just walked around stroking everything and coveting every card and notepad. Paperchase is dangerous too...

Virtual stationery shopping is much safer for my wallet, and as it's National Stationery Week (whoever came up with that is genius!), I thought I'd share a few of my current favourites:


Stationery




If I could have all of those, a proper fountain pen (that won't give me ink stained fingers), a cup of tea and a few rolls of washi tape to decorate the envelopes with, I would be a very happy girl indeed.

Please share your stationery favourites! Where have you found your best stationery treasures? 

(In finding the link for the Lost in ▲ cards, I discovered the rest of Bianca Green's work - I want it all! These pens, this typewriter, and these brushes are all being added to my wishlist!) 

8 comments:

  1. Post is on its way! And it contains stationery! Admittedly what I've sent isn't quite as sophisticated as your choices, but I think you'll like it anyway. In fact, I think it would be the type of paper Isla would like to correspond with... :) Miss you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, she'll send you some post soon! She's a big fan of a biro, or a good chew on a pencil. Mmmm, leady. xxx

      Delete
  2. perfectly penned! I love stationary too. Paper Source tends to be the place I go to when I am looking for a perfect design. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine makes beautiful cards using silk. Jane Carlisle Bellerby Silk Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handmade cards are always lovely, I'll take a look. Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Ooh these are all gorgeous, especially love the triangle cards. Will check out the link for more lovely things. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely aren't they - Society6 is very dangerous!x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x