""

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Pink: Nature in the Home

I couldn't resist the delicate pink of these tulips. Brightening up a corner of the kitchen with their pastel hues. Love the light shining through the petals and the Spring green of their leaves.



I'm always in awe of the lovely arrangements that I see on the Nature in the Home series each week, with lovely rooms in the background. I always end up using close-up shots, because, well, this is what my kitchen currently looks like:


Ha!  Manky 30 year old red tiles, peeling walls (yes, the tiles are red and the walls are green - I think the previous owners liked Christmas. Or the 70s. Or both.) the thyme plant that died when I forgot to remind my husband to water it while Baby and I were away, and the washing up liquid. Not a shot that anyone will be adding to Pinterest as interior inspiration any time soon! So for now, I'll have to live vicariously through all the lovely blooms and homes, and keep zooming in on my flowers!

Joining in with Lou's Nature in the Home.

6 comments:

  1. I think your tulips are lovely and your second photo is a winner with the light behind the flower. Ahh it sounds like a very groovy kitchen:) Our kitchen used to have green walls and carpet urggh. I'm not sure what people are thinking when they decorate lol. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, some of the previous interior choices in our house are rather suspect! Orange hessian wallpaper for example!

      Delete
  2. I adore tulips - easily my fave flowers - even had them in my bouquet. Lovely photos. P.S. I kinda like those red tiles :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I saw your post about your anniversary flowers the other day! Hehe, the red tiles on their own wouldn't be so bad!

      Delete
  3. I like this posts because it's real, not carefully styled. No-one's house is perfect, god knows mine's not! Gorgeous tulips. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x