""

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Green petals: Nature in the Home

Green petals for a green theme. Helleborus argutifolius. These hellebores have been going since late February - they're definitely earning their garden keep. So many shades of green in one plant - the bright yellow-green of the stamens; the pale lime green of the petals; and the shiny dark green of the spiky leaves.






One of my favourite things about the Nature in the Home link up is the way it makes me see my garden in a whole new light. I'm discovering new colours and textures in my garden that previously I hadn't noticed, or looked at so closely, and I'm loving bringing the garden indoors - little pops of colour dotted round the house. So thanks Lou!

Joining up with Lou's Nature in the Home - I'm early for this week's green theme, perhaps I'll have to find something else green next week!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo now I have never heard of these until this week when I see people posting photos of them! They areally are lovely - and top marks for you for finding something green - you did better than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the previous owner of our house to thank for planting these - they seemed the obvious choice for a green theme!

      Delete
  2. ooo so gorgeous, the second person to link up this plant and now i want 1 in my garden xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely, and have been in flower since early Spring you get your money's worth with them!x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x