""

Thursday, 9 May 2013

Smoke Bush: Nature in the Home

The smoke bush has to be one of my favourite plants in our garden. When we first viewed this house, it was early September, and the smoke bush was bedecked with plum coloured leaves edged in bright orange. Over the winter, it all died back, leaving the bare skeleton. But when I went out in the front garden this morning, I was very happy to see tiny leaves reappearing. Shades of red, purple and green at first.

With our new fireplace and mantelpiece fitted last week, and the walls newly plastered, the dining room is coming together but still looking bare. So a few smoke bush shoots, and some bonus bluebells that are springing up around the garden, are brightening up this half-done room. 





Joining in with Lou's Nature in the Home series.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, the colours in those leaves ... what understated beauty! I'm not sure I know what a smoke bush is but I intend to find out!

    Great images :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I've never heard of smoke bush, but it does sound charming, what amazing colour you describe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - sounds like your room is coming together beautifully too, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x