""

Friday, 31 May 2013

This Week: May#5








 1. Party decorations. Last Sunday morning was spent stringing up bunting, madly cleaning the house and cooking up party food before our families arrived. Sunday afternoon was spent out in the garden, in the sunshine, with a very happy party girl.
2. Bank Holiday wanderings. The list of plants I'd like to put in our garden is getting longer and longer.
3. As beautiful as they may be, I won't be putting any peacocks in our garden though.
4. My green-fingered mum brought me some runner bean seedlings when she came to visit as I had never got round to starting any off. Yay for mums! The beans are growing rapidly now and the slugs and snails seem to be staying away so far...
5. I'm so happy to see teeny baby pears starting to grow on our tree. Fingers crossed they don't all turn black like they did last year.
6. Sunshine on daisies. After days and days of rain this week, today's warmth was very welcome.
7. This little one had her 12 month jabs yesterday and has been very cuddly today. Lots of hanging off my legs, and if she could talk, she'd be saying "muuuummmmmeeeeeeeee" in the whiniest voice possible. (Who can blame her really, she had three prangs in the leg yesterday). (She's also wearing a polka-dot jumpsuit today. Just wish I could get away with wearing something like that, but instead I shall be living vicariously through her outfits!)

So much green in the photos this week!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely happy pictures ... I love the daisies ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos - just gorgeous - those decorations look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) the bunting was strung up after some rather precarious wobbling, and the pom poms were a late night affair, but I got there in the end!x

      Delete
  3. Ugh! Poor little tot! We have the twelve month injections next week, hope she's feeling better xx

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope Wiggles' injections went well - we seemed to escape without too much of a reaction which was good. Thank you for the well-wishes x

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your girl. Lovely photos, especially the one of the bunting hung up ready for the party, that's fab. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The bunting was scraps of paper that I've been collecting for yonks - I used to use it to make cards and pictures, so felt nice to use something historical for her party!x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x