""

Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Apricot Roses: Nature in the Home

With all this sunshine, the rose bushes in our front garden have suddenly bloomed. Filling the air around our front door with their perfume. Soft, ruffled petals, tinged with shades of pink and yellow. I just wish that the internet was scratch-and-sniff - they smell so good, you just want to stick your nose right in and take a good sniff (just don't, because the greenfly have taken hold and you'd end up with a nose-full. Bleurgh).











These rose bushes are long established, obviously carefully tended by the green-fingered previous owner of our house. I love the history that this garden represents. One of the other rose bushes is called 'Golden Celebration' - I guess it was given to the previous owners as a Golden Wedding present which is just so sweet!

As lovely as these roses are in front of the glass in the conservatory with the evening sunshine streaming through, they've had to move to the dining table so they're out of reach of little, inquisitive hands. I also really need to clean the windows as they're filthy!

Joining in with Lou's Nature in the Home series - this week's theme is favourite plant. While I can't narrow my favourite plant down to just one, roses are definitely high up my list of favourites.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia - they are lovely aren't they!x

      Delete
  2. gorgeous! what a lovely colour too, so soft and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a colour I'd choose, but they do look delicious!x

      Delete
  3. Lovely - I'm not a peach person but these stood out (and possibly changed my mind!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a peach person either (if I wore it, I'd look SO bad!), and I'd normally choose pinks, purples and blues for flowers, but I have a soft spot for these!x

      Delete
  4. Couldn't resist the image from Lou nature in the home series, and they are beautiful. We only have one out in bloom as we've had nothing but cloudy days. But seeing your beautiful peach blooms give me hope xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over Mrs C! Fingers crossed your roses reveal themselves soon - these have suddenly all flowered in about the past week. Come on sunshine, there are flowers to see!x

      Delete
  5. what fab pics!...glorious colours. love me an old fashioned rose...couldn't grow one to save myself though!.....who cares about dirty windows when you have pretty flowers to look at xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I like your thinking! I can't claim any growing skills for these - they do it all themselves!x

      Delete
  6. So pretty and *sniff sniff* smells so ARGH MY NOSE!

    Seriously though they look perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are breathtaking! Is it strange that I don't remember ever seeing a rose this colour before? They look almost antique, which I know is a strange thing to say about a flower. I just think they're beautiful!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you've said that, I don't know if I had! They're such a mix of colours - some bits more orange, some more pink. The ruffled petals are different to a normal rose too - I must look them up. I think they're David Austin (he of the fancy roses) so they may well be an older style one - so the antique comment might not be too far off the mark!x

      Delete
  8. just absolutely breathtaking. beautiful. what a wonderful collage of nature and beauty! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell I couldn't choose which photos to use?!?! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  9. Just perfect - I adore the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. The do look golden with the light shining through them like that. I bet they smell amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my these are sublime xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so pretty with the light shining through them like that. My mum has a beautiful pink rose climbing up a gate in her garden, the scent is unbelievable, like a rose water explosion!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x