""

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Sweet Peas: Nature in the Home







This week's theme was 'a gift'. It had me stumped until I spotted my sweet peas are just starting to flower. My lovely mama had brought some spare potted-up sweet peas with her the last time she came to visit - so now I have three big pots of these lovely fleurs whizzing up canes by my front door and back window. I can't remember what type of sweet peas these are (possibly something ripple-y) but they smell as divine as they always do, and are brightening up my bedside table with a few extra bits of French lavender and cool green sedum to fill out the little jam jar.

A little late joining in with Lou's Nature in the Home this week - I don't know where the time is going at the moment. (Actually I do, I've recently taken over as editor for our local NCT magazine - all my time is going into that!).

8 comments:

  1. sooo pretty! love the rippled sweet peas, havnt seen any that colour before . x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab aren't they - I must organise myself in the Autumn and get some Wiltshire Ripples planted as they are even lovelier!x

      Delete
  2. What perfect sweetpeas ... I like every variety but these are just divine! The best kind of gift I think, seedlings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh indeed! The will-they/won't-they growing bit has been done for you and you get to enjoy the best bit!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, they look so pretty in the little jam jar with the lavender. That's very exciting to be editor for your local NCT magazine, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more that no-one else wants to do it, but I enjoy it so it's good really!x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous ... mums always give great gifts ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do indeed! Mum always arrives at ours armed with seedlings and other plants - she's keeping my garden well stocked!x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x