""

Saturday, 20 July 2013

29/52

"A portrait of my baby, once a week, every week, in 2013."
Early mornings seem to be common in our house at the moment. As much as I'd like the extra sleep, it does mean we get to enjoy the coolest part of the day, with the trails of sunrise still streaking the skies. This photo was taken at 5.50am. We'd been up since 5, playing in her bedroom; giving teddy rides on the rocking chair, reading stories (as she's doing in the picture - her latest favourite is 'When We Went to the Park' by Shirley Hughes) and hiding the tambourine so that R wasn't given a rude awakening!

Joining in with Che and Fidel

10 comments:

  1. Love how you've captured the early morning light in this Helen :)

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - she'd decided to play right by the window luckily!x

      Delete
  2. We are in the same boat, the last J has slept in till this week is 6:30, I've been taking advantage of the cooler mornings to tackle my ironing - yours sounds like much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Us too! Definitely the down point to this glorious weather.
    Beautiful picture, that book looks great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The book is so lovely, I highly recommend it - such sweet illustrations and lots of toddler recognisable things!x

      Delete
  4. I love the light and the colour and the grainy texture, it totally feels early morning. absolutely lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x