""

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Strawberries: Nature in the Home


It seems to be perfect strawberry growing weather at the moment - days of monsoon-like rain, followed by hot hot sunshine. For the past few nights, after I've watered the garden, I've gathered a handful of strawberries. A sprinkle of sugar, a splodge of Greek yoghurt, and a toasted slice of brioche makes for a tasty pud indeed. They're the first proper harvest of fruit from the garden this year which just makes them even lovelier. If someone could just tell that to my little one, as all strawberry slices that have been proffered her way so far have met with their fate on the floor. She can't be a strawberry hater?! 

In the next few weeks we'll head to the local fruit farm (we haven't been there before - they have animals to visit too so it should be a popular trip!) and fill our baskets with strawberries, ready to cook up into crimson jam. I can't wait! 




Joining in with Nature in the Home over at Little Green Shed.

8 comments:

  1. They look so delicious ... and all the better for being homegrown ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious, so good! (If I say so myself!)x

      Delete
  2. Strawberries, mmm, cannot get more red than that, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to write 'I can smell the strawberries just looking at those last two pics', and your images are that good but as I live next door to a strawberry farm I can smell the strawberries anyway ... it's almost too much sometimes, almost overpowering. I still adore strawberries though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow! Living next door to a fruit farm sounds amazing...but I can imagine that you could get a bit strawberried out!x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful images and they look do delicious. How wonderful to enjoy these little gifts of life. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x