""

Friday, 30 August 2013

Real life: timorous or bold?



Sometimes it feels like I'm neglecting this space. Never enough time. Popping up every so often with more baby photos or snaps of the garden but never really feeling like I spend time here. I want to be dedicating more time to it. Writing about what's in the news (like how terrifying I find it that Miley Cyrus and my daughter live in the same world), what's hard about motherhood (that'd be most things then), what's great about motherhood (that would also be most things!) what it's like to not be back at work when the rest of my mama peer group are all working. I've got all these posts I want to write, but this darn thing called 'real life' keeps getting in the way. And I find it irritating that I feel like I don't have enough blog time to write, but also that I don't get to visit all of you and see what's going on in your corner of the world wide web.

And then I remember. Duh. If I want to have things to blog about, to photograph, to share, I need to have that real life. Those experiences, those memories, those fun times.

So if I don't pop up in your blog feed for a while, it's because I'm busy running round the garden chasing a squealing toddler/feeding the ducks/watching the cars zoom past our house with a girl who seems to be very into anything with wheels/cooking with R, glass of wine in hand, putting the world to rights/pursuing new and exciting freelance ventures/picking blackberries and cooking jam and chutney until the wallpaper starts to peel from the walls of the kitchen (even more...!)/finally getting around to picking up that book I haven't touched for weeks.

On this day, a sad day for good words, I was struck by these words:

The way we are living,
timorous or bold,
will have been our life.

Seamus Heaney (1939-2013)

So here's to living boldly.

And if I get to share some of it in my little patch of the internet, even better.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. How do you get on striking a balance between real life you and blog you?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely find it hard to strike a balance between real life and blog me - although friends have said that they're pretty similar. I just find it hard to find the time to post and comment and then respond to comments when normal life gets in the way. It's either do the ironing/cook/clean or blog and when I don't get either done I get grumpy. Why is it so hard to get it right? x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x