""

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

The Garden Diaries: #7








sedum nearly in flower / the garden was full of spiders this morning - it felt a bit like a Harry Potter 'Aragog' moment with all the cobwebs around / the pears are not looking so happy now - most of them are covered in black spots. oh dear / the strawberry plants are providing a nice splash of colour / beans still going strong / as are the courgettes - I ended up making piccalilli with beans and courgettes last week to try and use some up! / mystery solved! Vitex agnus-castus, not Russian sage as first thought.

Lots of flowers seem to be having a second wind at the moment too - the roses are all blooming again, the bright pink/purple flowers I can't remember the name of have come back, and even the chives are in flower again!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh your garden is beautiful - lovely words too, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Do you eat your courgette flowers? We're yet to try them, but I always wanted to!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried - the dastardly slugs always seem to get there before I do. They're meant to be v tasty stuffed with ricotta though I hear? (The flowers that is, not the slugs. Bleurgh). x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x