Saturday, 9 November 2013
This Week: November #2
1. Finally remembered to snip a few heads of the hydrangeas to dry. The first lot went a bit crispy as they were too close to the radiator, but I'm hoping the second lot will be more successful.
3. An enjoyable few moments in the garden while the little one slept. See the results here.
4. A day of heavy rain meant we were climbing the walls and running out of ideas for games. A baking tray full of rice, with an ice cube tray, a spoon and a cup proved very popular though (here, she was saying 'dowwwwwwn' as the rice poured out... We hoovered after she was finished playing!) The rice-utensil combo also meant I could have a quick flick through the River Cottage Baby and Toddler Cookbook which I'd found in the library (why did I not get this ages ago, it's full of good stuff!).
5. The rain finally eased enough to venture outside so we donned waterproofs and went to watch the cars. This is the autumn version of this portrait I think!
6. Good sky.
7. The blueberry plant has the best leaves.
8. Beetroots from our local NT kitchen garden were turned into chutney today. I just wish they could've stayed looking like this!