""

Monday, 4 November 2013

Woodland















Last week we took a detour on the way home for a quick wander in the woods. My little woodland pixie ran around in her wellies, laughing at all the dogs and taking her hat off. (Can you tell which photo shows when she'd put her hat back on herself?!) The woods were surprisingly green - not so many autumn-tinged leaves to be found. We did find a new source of sloes(??) though and a carpet of tiny apples. (We won't mention the alfresco nappy change...!) With a flapjack to share and sunshine peeking through the trees, it was a good way to stretch our legs.

8 comments:

  1. I love the apple floor shot. What a beautiful image. Took me a moment or two to realise what they were. Lovely! Holly.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are teeny tiny apples - probably mega sour! x

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful photos, love that coat and the spotty wellies! I haven't been for a walk in the woods for ages. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) She adores her wellies - always wants to put them on! We're very lucky that this wood is close to us - we get lots of woodland walks but miss out on lovely beach walks like you get to do! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting me & your lovely comment! We were lucky and did not have too much of a storm in this part of Germany last week.
    Your photos and little woodland pixie are simply beautiful and I love your blog's name - as a baby/ toddler my youngest son spent much time playing at the bathroom sink- he was just so fascinated by water and bubbles - and I recall moments while i was attempting to cook I actually did finally just let him sit in the kitchen sink once or twice as a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We spend lots of time playing with water in the sink too - and she's sometimes had a bath in there, much to her bafflement! My blog name comes from the first line of one of my favourite books - I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - "I write this sitting in the kitchen sink. That is, my feet are in, the rest of me is on the draining board." A very evocative line I think! x

      Delete
  4. I love the Sherlock Holmes look she has in the 5th photo! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x