""

Sunday, 5 January 2014

1/52




This girl is growing up. She likes to peel her satsuma herself now. (And then moments after this photo was taken, hold it aloft, shout "bang!" and then hurl it on the table... She did eat it, once it had lost its ball-like status and reverted to being a satsuma).

1/52.
Here we are again. I wasn't sure if I was going to take part this year, or if I was going to share the weekly photos, but I can't resist joining in. Last year, taking the weekly portrait allowed me to capture all the stages in her development from baby to toddler. This year I want to try and capture the different aspects of her character. Her likes and dislikes. What she can, and can't yet, do. Catch a glimpse of the little girl she is rapidly turning into.

Joining in over at Practising Simplicity.

8 comments:

  1. Cute photo. My little babe has just started eating oranges, but we have to give them to her in pieces. Yesterday she was drinking some orange juice and water out of her sippy cup, which is a new thing, and I wasn't paying attention until I realized I heard a lot of splashing noises. Most of the juice was now on her tray, which made a wonderful puddle to splash in, and on her face. She apparently didn't mind because she kept doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I can just imagine it - splashing it's a very fun toddler activity isn't it?! The way they gain new skills is so quick - she's gone from needing us to give the orange in pieces to wanting to do it herself in just a few weeks. Little ones are just so clever! x

      Delete
  2. Wow, all that green and orange is jumping out at me! I adore her concentration face - little brow :) Holly.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought when I looked back at the photos - green and orange! Yes we get that concentrating frowny face a lot now, tis cute! x

      Delete
  3. Adorable photo! What an independent little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's getting much more independent...more and more every day! x

      Delete
  4. Gosh, hasn't she grown in a year! Beautiful portrait. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I hadn't looked back at last year's 1/52 until you said that - she really has! It's so scary and amazing how fast they grow. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x