""

Sunday, 19 January 2014

3/52


3/52

This is my budding ornithologist. While at Grandma and Grandad's last weekend, she discovered she could climb up onto the old Church pew that lives by the back window. From here she had a clear vantage point from which to watch the seagulls, pigeons, robins and blue tits that flew down to eat up the bird seed and crusts (and even weetabix after one no-mummy-I'm-not-so-hungry morning!)

Since we've been home, we've been watching the birds from our living room window. The many cats that live in our area tend to scare away many of the visiting birds, but a few brave blackbirds have been pecking at our crusts and crumbs.

My favourite part of this bird watching? The 'nam nam nam' noise she makes when she sees the birds eating. Sweet!

This photo reveals how much of a window-cleaning slattern I am - it's filthy! Ugh. All the better for reflecting that sweet reflection though, and if you look closely, you can see her lip print - to show just how close she tries to get to those birds! 

Linking up with the 52 Project over at Practising Simplicity.

7 comments:

  1. This is just so sweet. We have two little budding ornithologists here too. (And believe me, your windows aren't so bad, I would bet I'd win, for sure). The little reflection and lip print... Adorable, really. Holly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's bird mad as well - I did question my sanity the other morning when I found myself defrosting crusts in the microwave for two wood pigeons...
    Don't worry about the windows. Mine are pretty bad too! It's one of those things you never get around to - just say the dirt's on the outside and you really must have a word with the window cleaner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little babe's newest hobby is squirrel watching. It is just wonderful to see them interested in nature at such a young age. Here is a fun idea to bring more birds around. http://lifewiththecrew.typepad.com/my-blog/reconnecting-with-nature/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I noticed about your window is the beautiful little reflection on it. ;) Such a wonderful capture of your little bird watcher. You can see the wonder in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their fascination of the world. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute....Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x