""

Saturday, 25 January 2014

This Week: January #4






















I've felt productive this week. Feeling on top of things, positive, getting things done before deadlines - and I even managed to make time to read my book (speaking of which, I'm NEVER going to get it finished before February!) and slob out on the sofa eating too much chocolate and these marmalade muffins. Plus we had an Ikea delivery on Saturday morning so are now the proud owners of a new armchair and reading lamp, plus a frame for the wordy map in the last pics. Anything that features Jane Austen, cream teas, cider and bacon can't be bad, eh?!

Last Sunday was glorious - blue skies and bright sun. Thought we'd head up to the hills. Lovely morning out. Make the most of the sunshine. Nope, the toddler-shaped one had other ideas. After much toddler whinging and trying to distract with sticks/dogs/chasing, we gave up and headed to the natural play area. Where she promptly face planted into the mud. We went home. Ah well, I snapped a few nice pics, plus she loved seeing all the dogs out for a walk. Positive thinking and all that.

This week has also seen the introduction of the p.o.t.t.y. In no way being used for its intended use yet (it's mostly either storage or a seat for teddy) but we'll see how we go. She thinks it's a funny thing to sit on at the moment. Any tips are gratefully received for when we do start!

With lots of indoor time to escape the rain, we've been drawing lots of meows, raarrrs and baybeees. We've been trying to make the most of the dry patches between showers too - a quick dash around the garden never fails to cheer up any toddler grumps. Watching the cars, spotting newly springing snowdrops, and enjoying the winter sun that makes the next door flats look quite lovely.

This has been a good food week too - Nigel Slater's Simple Thai noodle soup was definitely one to repeat, as was the Mexican dinner of spicy beef and homemade guacamole.

On the playlist this week: Wanderlust by Wild Beasts and All Points by James Vincent McMorrow. Lovely stuff.

Have a great weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I love snowdrops ... they're starting to pop up all over the place ... spring will most certainly come .. yay ... and the teddy in the potty is so cute ... enjoy your weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice seeing them around isn't it - much needed green-ness! x

      Delete
  2. Oh, those marmalade muffins look fantastic. Good luck with the potty - having had an incident in class this week where a child who should know better decided to let herself go on the doll's potty in the middle of the big carpet - I have every sympathy with how tricky it can be. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh, that doesn't sound a fun incident! Concentrate on the muffins instead!! x

      Delete
  3. My little babe is almost at the point of being able to use crayons - I suppose I could try it now with constant supervision. Homemade guacamole is one of our favorite things - it was my little babe's first food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, that's it, you've inspired me! I'm getting the potty out! As for tips, chocolate raisin bribery worked really well for me last time around!

    Kate xx
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't use me as inspiration, I have no clue what we're doing! (Apart from now buying up bags of chocolate raisins!) I doubt we'll be starting properly for a while yet, but it feels organised to have at least bought a potty. x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x