""

Sunday, 23 February 2014

21 months









































Dear my favourite girl,


21 months old. Coo. You're getting more decisive, more independent, funnier, and if it's possible, even sweeter of face. We're having so much fun. I feel very, very lucky that I get to spend my days with you. Your second birthday looms ever nearer - when people ask how old you are now, I find myself saying "nearly two". How did we get there already?

At 21 months old you are...

Loving: 
Baby (still. Great Grandma's knitting needles have been busy and she now wears booties, a hat and vests. The excitement in your voice when you see her in the morning is so infectious), dogs, cats, birds, blueberries, hats, wearing your wellies, roast dinners, hiding down the side of the chest of drawers/behind the curtain, sitting on the sofa in the conservatory reading gardening books, walking to the park, reading Oh No George!, The Baby's Catalogue, the cat book, and anything Shirley Hughes, making cups of tea for mummm and dada, skyping manma and daada, sitting in your new booster seat, wearing your (mum's) scarf, playing with the waterbeads, playing the matching game, doing the sleeping bunnies song, making the squirty dogs eat your knees when you're in the bath, getting into mumm and dada's bed, having your hair brushed, putting beads on pipe cleaners, running, and being spun round and round/making yourself go round and round.

Not liking: Going in the pushchair when you want to walk, having your hands washed after tea, having your nappy changed.

Favourite words: mummm  dada, down, deddy, baybeeee, gone, bah (bunny), baa (sheep), brmmm, shoes, keys, cheese, zip, drink, swing, zzzz (bee buzz), raa raa (the noisy lion, but has come to mean all things tv!), round and round, maooo (cow), bubub (bubbles), bang!, ball, bowl, tea, tree, dihdih (digger), titch, stih (sticker), nee-nah, train, choochoo, meeoowwww, nee-nah, scheeee (sleep), bee bees (blueberries), big, grrrr (yes!), mohhhh (no), jeeee (green, or any other colour), manma (grandma), daada (grandad), dar (star), bobper (popper or bubble), bees (beads), been (spoon), Gggge (George), Bibby (your friend), Ub (up), nam nam nam (eating).


You seem to be picking up more words at a rate of knots at the moment. I'm very glad I'm trying to keep a record of your chattiness, it's so interesting to look back on (for me anyway!) 

1 comment:

  1. She's so pretty! I look forward to mine expanding his vocabulary... and I love the look of concentration on her face in that second photo.
    Blogging is such a nice way to record these things, isn't it? Oh, and I have that scarf too (a leaving present from an old job). Must dig it out x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x