""

Sunday, 16 March 2014

This Week: March #3







A gloriously sunshine filled week. Vitamin D ahoy. (We'll ignore the small matter of the toddler who forgot how to sleep).

1. Afternoons spent reading in the garden - it felt more like June or July at times. (And then the sun went behind the clouds and it felt like March again).

2. Sweet pea shoots. I found a few half packs of sweet pea seeds that needed to be planted by June 2012 this week...I've bunged them in pots and we'll keep fingers crossed.

3. Jewel colour anemones - a present for a friend who was bravely allowing us to all come and stay with her at the weekend. I'm pleased to say she, and her lovely house, survived!

4. Pastel houses/pastel sky. This was the view from my friend's living room window on Saturday evening - just beautiful.

5. A Sunday morning wander up to the Clifton Suspension Bridge, after a huge brunch (waffles with bacon and maple syrup - I want that for breakfast every Sunday morning now).

Hope you've had a sunshine filled week.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous photos :) I did get a little woozy looking at the bridge though...I am that afraid of heights lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - and my husband was the same stood by the fence, not good with heights! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! The bridge picture is dramatic. Love the anemones - we saw these at the conservatory that we visited several weekends ago and I took some photos of them - their colors are so bold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anemones are amazing colours aren't they - so intense. x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - it was one of those 'quick! grab the camera' moments!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures, those anemones are such gorgeous colours. I really should start thinking about planting some seeds - I said I'd start earlier this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline. And there's plenty of seed planting time yet, don't worry! x

      Delete
  5. I'd have recognised Bristol without the shot of the bridge ... I grew up nearby, my sister lived there for 15 years, and it's still one of my favourite places.

    Looks like the best kind of weekend! Just so long as you got some sleep in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bristol is a lovely spot isn't it? It was the 'big city' when I was growing up so I have many fond memories of it - in the same way it sounds like you do. Hope you get to visit from time to time.
      It was a lovely weekend thank you, a much-needed break away. x

      Delete

Hello! I'd love to hear from you so drop me a note! x